Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Project due friday, and so is a paper. jazz on friday. Frisbee? Maybe. Another concert thursday. Plenty of stress to go around. First set of pictures from my father came through today... Mount Eribus is beautiful. I miss writing. I certainly don't miss it like I used to though. Come to think of it, I don't write like I used to anymore. Words no longer flow from my hands. Instead they comes out haltingly, as I stumble over awkward consonants and misplaced vowels. My fingers and hands get sore, and tired, and then I don't wanna type anymore. more and more I crave the scratch of a pen on a piece of paper.

Something changed here though. This used to be a place to complain, vent, be interesting or boring. I remember, I created it because I felt that I had so much to say, but no one was listening. Funny that now I come back to it, at least for a moment. Does this mean I have something to say or does it instead mean that there is no one listening?

The girl that made me happy for a moment is long gone. I hardly think about her at all anymore. When I do, it is definately bone-crushing, but... notice how definately really doesn't fit in that previous, uhm, clause? Yeah. That's how crude I've become in my writing. As I was saying: the bone crushing only happens about once every week or so now. So that's good. In the meantime, I have again embraced hatred as a way to counteract any positive feelings I might have had for that malangering whore. Get it?

My operative word is Jericho. I don't know that you need to know why. But the word resonates with me. As does the story. Something that I feel a connection to right now.

I am falling behind in my classes, again. Being overrun by papers, reading assignments and exams. And rehearsal. So much rehearsal. They all run together, things get lost. Never prepared to class and forever late, I really want to quit.

I get angry an awful lot now, and find myself behaving in destructive ways. Either by formally demolishing something, or allowing my malevolence to soak into my speech. One rather spectacular example of this now has me no longer on speaking terms with one who was once my closest ally.

And it's times like these that i truely wish that i was an alcoholic. Hiding in bottles for the goddamn win.

oh, right. fuck off. or something.

-CR

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

I feel like we've missed something, somewhere along the way.
These are the best years of your life, or so they say.
Hectic and stressed, right to the bitter end.
If things were different, would we be good friends?

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home