Friday, August 29, 2003

Marticulation. Lit candles. Dropped them into a river and watched them float away. Struck me that each flame contained in it that person's hopes, dreams fate and future. Almost frightening to see that many souls march by. Noticed the wind blow some flames almost to extinction, only to have the flame roar back to life again. Felt like a metaphor. I will take a beating here. Some candles, and some people, won't survive it. Noticed the candles group together while others made the journey on their own. Something about the sun setting, a bagpiper playing, coupled with the sight of nearly five hundred souls embarking on a journey... it sticks in my head and joins the slim ranks of moments that I'll never forget. Along with a Maple Tree and Milo, Throwing Glass into the Bay, Standing in the Rain with the girl I love, and Noses. I can never let myself forget these things.



-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home