Saturday, October 18, 2003

So I'm looking at my Winamp Player. There are 247 songs there.

Eachone has a memory assigned to it. Homecoming. Prom. Tolo. Sadies. Friends. Stress. Paper. Stress. Another paper. Winter. A project. A Friend. A place... A tune... a friend.

Every single one is there for a reason and I can tell you why.

Right now: Dashboard Confessionals - The Brilliant Dance; this is from Tolo 2003

Eminem - Without Me; Swimming in the deschutes river with a friend i'll never forget. And calculus homework, can't forget that shit. I loved it as much as I hated it.

Pink Floyd - Time; Because we all do, because it was new, because it made you think, and what am I doing with my life that is so great anyway?

David Ball - Riding with Private Malone; From the Artist. She sent me the names of 3 songs one night, 3 totally different... contrasting songs. I remember driving to bellingham with my parents. And it came on. And my father, listened. And he cried. I had never seen the man cry. And never have since, not even when his mother died. But something about that song, touched a part of him that he manages to keep hidden at all other times. I'm not going to ask. We all have our demons, he should be allowed his, and can let them out when he feels like it. Maybe never, the walls may just be built too high and too thick.

It is four years of my life... in song...

my life's soundtrack.

-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home