Wednesday, October 22, 2003

the teams:

Kitten vs 10 college girls and one very amused passer-by (me)

the score:

Kitten: 1,999 (not y2k compliant)
Girls: -958
Amused passer by: 1,000 (just because I'm cool)

blah.

You know what bugs me? There is a general outcry here from self dubbed liberals and "free thinkers" that we are just leaving iraq a mess and that we aren't rebuilding and yada yada yada. Alrighty. So far I don't care. The part that begins to piss me off is when the college republicans decide it will be a great idea to have a money drive to benefit the Iraq reconstruction fund. Annnnnd the total amount of money raised........ a whole 5 dollars.

So now, I'm pissed.

How can someone be so hypocritical? First you complain that we aren't helping enough, but then you refuse to help too I mean... ughy I don't know anymore but for you to turn on your own beliefs of compassion... I mean that's what they seemed to be saying before we must be compassionate and give SO MUCH MONEY... but then... they don't. The view from here, as someone who likes to think of himself as independant is that the "free thinkers" and liberals just made their collective selves look like an ass. And hey... yeah./.. college students don't have much money but I mean.... 5 dollars? hell... I donated 1/5 of that. I mean... just wow. To complain about something and not take action when the chance is offered to try and fix it bugs me. Either bitch about something and fix it when you have the chance, or shut the hell up.

And yeah I know. They aren't all responsible for it... but this was a huge bone of contention we must HELP the Iraqi people! We must have fundraisers! Okay. There you go, a fundraiser. And you didn't donate.... BLAH just angers me. I dont' give a fuck about your political orientation. when you complain about something so loudly, you're supposed to actually have a desire to fix it. Not just bitch about it. If you're not going to fix it then who the hell do you expect to do it? The government? Hell they couldn't I dunno. Insert devisive comment about bearucrats and bearuocracy here. I'm tired. I have a stomachache, and I am taking a nap. Then studying for Physics midterm. I'mna slap that thing around like a... uhm... I dunno what. but something that gets slapped alot. like a toothbrush. or something. I'm out. brain dying. oh well.

Oh yeah. Other things that bring me enjoyment. Shocking my entire class by playing devils advocate as to if the Atom bomb was a good idea or not. Funny to watch the expessions on their faces. They were all talking about life being sacred, and every life is everything in the universe. I said that it was better their civilians and citizens then our soldiers. The rationale was if you had Your mother in one room, and a complete stranger in the other, and you had to pick one of them to die. You would pick the person you didn't know. Why? Because his life is not as important to you as your mothers is to you. I dunno. Sometimes I just like fuckin' with those people. There are some really nebulous thinkers in that class too *sigh* oh well. Different strokes for different folks. Or something.

"Kill them all. God will know his own." "(Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet)"
--Amal Ulric



-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home