Friday, June 06, 2003

Last band concert. Sad. Made me want to cry. Because that is it. That is the culmination of all of my efforts for the past years. That, right there, is the most dynamic, friendliest and not to mention BEST group that I will ever play in. Makes me want to cry. Because it's over. Some of the most incredible music ever played by a group I was with. And now, when it seems that things are just falling into place, when things are really going well. It's over. I've always fooled myself into thinking that somehow, OTHER people graduate. Always seemed so far off, like it would never happen. And now, it would appear that it is staring me in the face. I'll miss Lundberg. I'll miss all of my friends. That's what it is. I'm not just losing a class, or a teacher.

i'm losing my way of life.

Orchestra people give shouts of glee at the end of their concert, glad to be done with it all and finally away from Nardillo. None of that for us. Only glum faces and sad farewells. Though really it isn't goodbye yet. But in a way it is. And now the ride really is over. And it is my turn to walk away, if somewhat in a stupor, but when I leave I let someone else take my place, and I can only hope, and wish that they will enjoy and appreciate the ride more than I did.

"There is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it." -Terry Pratchett

-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home