Thursday, May 15, 2003

On words. Pondersome.

Yeah so ran across something just a bit ago. And I think with a little wrenching and tweaking, it applies to all of us, but just think about it for a smidge. Yeah.

"I've learned that you can't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands, you have to be able to throw something back"

Like I said. It deserves thought. No more than that. But it was just something kinda struck me. Too busy being offended by people to have the radical idea occur to me, that they don't matter. I guess that's the throwing back part. There can't be a game of catch if I catch the ball, pocket it and then walk off. Just like there can't very well be a hamburger without... erm. Hamburger. Yes. Fuck. There goes the tone, and the register, AND the metaphor I was going for. Man I really suck at this subtlety crap. There is a frigging REASON I lack tact. Anyway. Yeah so those people... that I'm thinking about... really hard... Right now... you know... the ones that think of me as some kind of scum growing on a pond? Yeah. You guys don't matter. Thought I'd let you know. Yeah. Laziness is a beautiful thing. As is sleep however. As is a tactless SOB trying to be all clever and tactful. Wow. I wonder if someone teaches a class about that kind of thing.

It isn't that I lack tact. It's just that I'm blunt. Ok yeah fine. Only because I'm only blunt because the last time I tried to be tactful I ended up with a really big Halibut in the trunk of my car. Details details...

-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home