Friday, November 14, 2003

In light of recent events:

The Legend of the Snake

A man was walking up a mountain when he heard a voice. "Carry me with you," it requested the man turned and saw a snake.
He refused.
"If I carry you up the mountain you will bite me."
"I wouldn't do that," the snake assured. "All I need is some help. I am slow and you are fast, please be kind and carry me to the top of the mountain".
It was against his better judgment, but he agreed. He picked up the snake, put him in his shirt, and resumed the journey.
When they reached the top, he reached in his shirt to remove the snake and got bitten.
He fell to the ground, and the snake slithered away.
"You lied !" he cried, "You said you wouldn't bite me!" The snake stopped and looked back,
"I didn't lie. You knew who I was when you picked me up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home