Sunday, May 18, 2003

Tower of Power. Yeah. About that. Whoa. just. Whoa. Picked up two Gypsies and the girl who talks with her eyes. Seemed like it was a short trip to seattle and back. Anyway. Band totally and utterly rocked. No really. I mean it. Asked said girl to Prom too. I had been thinking about the perfect way to do it for quite a while actually... and then it just kinda hit me... So I arranged for a plate to be delivered for dessert. And on the plate the word "PROM?" was scribed. yes. However, I soon realized that I would feel like quite the jerk if I didn't have any flowers or something. However, there were no flowers anywhere in sight. Bummer. So I folded one. I was proud. Hopefully I didn't embarass too much, and hopefully that was an appropriate way to ask and all. Better than any alternatives that I had come up with. Spray paint is a good way to anger people. Even if it does come off. Anyway. Tomorrow is monday. Gross. Not a big fan of mondays. I used to get color far sides on mondays. Not anymore though, calender (calendar?) is depleted. Speaking of the far side... I still have a color far side the belongs to the girl that sounds like the ocean... I'll have to deal with that. Meant to do it this weekend... but just didn't get around to it. Too busy buying spam and the like. ANd books, about cooking spam. It is the miracle meat after all... so yeah. Methinks I should bed down. Sleep would be a good thing.

"The way of life can be beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls -- has barricaded the world with hate -- has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."
Charles Chaplin
"The Great Dictator" 1940


-CR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home